Biloxi, MS 39530
The position will provide support by developing and revising courseware and training curricula for online and face to face (F2F) courses. Qualified incumbents must meet all minimum qualifications listed below, possess demonstrated knowledge and experience within instructional design, and deliver courseware.
- Work with department chairs, faculty, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other stakeholders to guide and implement the design, development, and production of innovative online and face to face (F2F) courseware for Operational Military Education (OME) curriculum
- Provide a face-to-face weekly status update briefing
- Deliver written weekly activity reports addressing areas of progress, projected timelines/changes, and areas of concern
- Serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary course production team creating and/or transforming traditional courseware into innovative online formats or equal or greater value than F2F training
- Develop and refine frameworks, storyboards, flow diagrams, templates, and prototypes for course and curriculum design
- Work with faculty/SMEs to develop course instructional plans and detailed design blueprints guiding the conversion of traditional F2F courses to appropriate online formats
- Collaborate with SMEs to assign content to available delivery methods to support desired learning outcomes, moving from a general course plan to a detailed course design format
- Collaborate with teams of educational technologists to produce and/or source multimedia learning objects (i.e., video, audio, interactive objects, simulations, animations, and other media)
- Collaborate with SMEs to determine course level assessment models and build appropriate assessment into individual courses
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 semester hours in instructional methods
- Experienced in project management processes
- Expertise in Online Course Development and Delivery in common LMS platforms
- Ability to utilize the Instructional System Design (ISD) Process, Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) Model, and Bloom’s Taxonomy for all course content creation.
- Experience with courseware authoring tools (i.e., Adobe Captivate, Creative Suite)
- Experience packaging and uploading content into Learning Management System (LMS) academic content host
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with SCORM and xAPI specifications for courseware design, development, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in creating engaging, effective online and/or F2F courseware or instructional products in multiple formats (i.e., SCORM, HTML5, SVG, xAPI, FLV, MP3, MP4, AVI)
Must have an up to date Top Secret security clearance issued by U.S. Government.