Computer Programmer Position
The ASTA Group is seeking a computer programmer/developer for web based content to work in a DoD training and evaluation environment. This position is in Pensacola, FL. The programmer will work with other programmers in the development of training material related to military aviation training. Experience with rotary wing aircraft helpful for scenario development but not required. A security clearance is not initially required, but candidates must be eligible to obtain one for future phase of program.
- You will create software programs, e.g., computer-based education, military interactive course ware, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, client/server applications, multimedia, electronic classrooms, interactive multimedia instruction, Internet technology, distance learning, and virtual reality.
- Update, repair, and modify code and routines of existing software programs.
- Prepare sample data to test all parts of a program; conduct trial runs and test software programs to ensure instructions are correct and will produce the desired information.
- Debug or eliminate errors from the software by making appropriate changes when errors occur, and then recheck the program.
- Prepare instructions for the computer operator who will run the software program.
- Prepare a user’s manual for software programs.
- Access or generate a wide variety of software programs, e.g., instructions to duplicate conditions onboard a military training simulator.
Must have experience/proven performance in the following applications/programs:
- Web development using Java Script and XML in a client/server capacity
- Program implementation
- Framework creation
- Scenario Management
- Reading XML Files and processing into Commands
- GUI Programming
- Training and Development for DoD or related entities (DESIRED)
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years experience in programming
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly Salary: $32 to $36
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k