Instructional Designer Position
The ASTA Group is looking to hire an Instructional Designer in Pensacola, FL. This position requires applicants to have experience designing Interactive multimedia instruction (IMI) for the Department of Defense (DoD). Experience with US Navy Training standards is preferred. Designer II works with a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Media Specialists, and Programmers to design and develop Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI).
- Perform analysis of learning objectives.
- Apply sound instructional design methodologies to design engaging IMI and training materials using Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), SME input, and Government Furnished Information (GFI) to achieve learning objectives.
- Design knowledge and performance assessments.
- Collaborate with Instructional System Designers, Media Specialists, and Programmers to develop IMI.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field (Education, I/O Psychology, Instructional Systems)
- 3 to 5+ years of ISD experience working on DoD programs
- Experience designing/ developing Course and Lesson Outlines, Lesson Design Strategies (LDSs), Script Storyboards (SSBs), Media Requests, and On-Screen Lessons (OSLs)
- Experience developing knowledge and performance assessments
- Experience developing Instructor and Trainee Guides
- Authoring software experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quality assurance/ grammar skills
- Experience working in a collaborative and deadline-driven work environment
The following requirements are preferred:
- Knowledge of US Navy training standards and formal documentation
- Knowledge of Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) Content Planning Module (CPM) and Learning Object Module (LOM)
- Experience with military rotary winged aircraft
- A security clearance is not required but you must have US citizenship