Instructional Systems Designer - Quantico, VA
The ASTA Group is looking to hire an Instructional Systems Designer in Quantico, VA. Note: Work schedule currently alternates from working remotely and on-site; this IS NOT a remote only opportunity. The Instructional Systems Designer works with a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Media Specialists, and Programmers to design and develop interactive multimedia instruction (IMI) for instructor-led, self-paced, computer-based, and web-based multimedia products.
Applicants must possess a Top Secret security clearance or be within the 2 year reactivation activation if current clearance is expired. If you have had a clearance for previous military or DoD related positions and you meet the required job skills, please apply and your clearance status will be verified. If you have never had a clearance, you are not eligible for this opportunity.
- Provide e-Learning ISD support for creating online courseware for virtual classroom environments.
- Apply knowledge of education principles and distance learning concepts, graphic design, and electronic teaching techniques to determine the subject matter, goals, duration, approach, and instructional media which may be most effective for courseware and training purposes.
- Follow a recognized ISD process to develop instructional design plans, storyboards, and final e-learning products.
- Test all e-Learning courseware.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Five years experience as an Instructional Systems Designer
- Bachelor degree in curriculum development, instructional design, human resource development, or education.
- A certificate in instructional design with seven (7) years experience developing classroom-based course materials is acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Security Clearance: You must have an active Top Secret security clearance, or if your clearance has expired, you must be within the 2 year reactivation period.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual Salary: $95,000-99,000
Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off. Waiting period may apply.