The ASTA Group is looking to hire a Program Instructor / Teacher with experience teaching STEM curriculum to join the Department of Defense (DoD) sponsored STARBASE STEM Academy located in Satellite Beach, FL.
STARBASE is seeking candidates with expertise in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) based education. The primary focus of this position is educating at-risk fifth grade students in the importance of STEM and how it relates to their lives and their future.
Why work at STARBASE?
- 8am to 4pm workdays (no weekends)
- Free time in the evenings and weekends-no homework or tests to grade
- Fun, challenging and rewarding teaching curriculum
- Beautiful facility and state of the art high-tech equipment
- Good pay and benefits
- Great team environment
This is a high-energy program, seeking educators that know how to motivate children by keeping them engaged in the subject and encouraging them to learn by having fun. The subject matter is project based, so you will be teaching 5th grade students by hands-on/task-based methods not just lecture. The program is based on a 12-month curriculum with unique summer programs.
You will be using high-tech equipment such as smartboards, 3D printers, iPads, computers, robotics, etc. You must be tech savvy and able to embrace technology and its challenges.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred in education, combined with at least 3 to 5 years of experience as an educator
- STEM experience as an educator highly desired but not required
- Candidates with 5E experience will be top contenders
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and implement effective teaching practices and classroom management skills is a must
- Must pass a full security/background check required to be an educator in Florida
Compensation and Benefits
Annual Salary: $46,000 to $51,000
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k