The ASTA Group, LLC is seeking enthusiastic an instructor/teacher with STEM expertise to join our team. The position requires someone that is innovative and willing to take the initiative to get things done. This is a program that is targeted toward at-risk youth, so you must have experience in elementary education or youth programs. The role of the STEM teacher/instructor is to motivate children to stay in school, expand their horizons, and build interest in STEM education. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.
Location: Pembroke, NH
- A BS or higher degree in a STEM or Education related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in elementary education or related
- High level of energy and great team-building skills
- Respect, integrity, and ability to foster a cohesive, goal-oriented team
- Must pass a comprehensive background check and be eligible to work in the USA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Meet all mandated educational credentialing requirements for New Hampshire teacher certification. Bachelor’s degree or higher majoring in education, counseling, or psychology with 5 years of experience in classroom teaching or education.
- Must pass security and background checks needed to work at a facility and with children. No interaction with children shall be authorized until a background check is complete.
The Program Instructor must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of internet-based tools as well as 3D design Software and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to recognize and implement effective teaching practices and classroom management skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in quality communication and effective relationships with military and civilian personnel, teachers, students, parents, and volunteers.
- Attend initial and annual training conferences as required. Typically, one week in length and within the continental United States.
- Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
This is a full-time position, requiring a 40-hour work week, Monday-Friday.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.